Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Cleaning Out The Garage

This weekend, Jon and I were organizing the garage and went through some memory bins. Inside I found childhood memorabilia, college momentos, and heartwarming memories of my life with Jared.  I found old cards, sticky notes, and signs that Jared gave me through the years. Holding onto those memories, literally holding onto those memories, brought such joy to my heart. And so many wonderful memories.  And surprisingly not one tear. Just a heart full of love.

And I especially loved that Jon wanted to hear all about my life before him.  Look thru my memories.   Laugh at some of the fashion trends.  Hear stories that reminded me why I loved college.  Appreciate and honor my love story with Jared.   And never once be jealous.

Jon knows I love him with my whole heart.  He also knows I love Jared.  And that neither love will end.  Jon told me one of the greatest things he has learned from me is that death does not end love.  How blessed am I that my new beginning is so kind, understanding, and not the least bit jealous? And that in his own way he loves Jared too.

Looking thru just a few of the memories of my 17 years with Jared made my heart swell.  So much love.  So much laughter.  So much life.   And there isn’t a bin in the world big enough to hold that.
Organizing the garage led to me having the opportunity to share my life before with my life after. To continue to love. To laugh. To live.  To bring my two worlds, my two loves together.

No comments:

Post a Comment