Friday, February 16, 2018

I Thee Wed

On this day, I thee wed.

I never imagined those words would apply to me twice in my lifetime. When I married Jared, I knew I would someday be his widow. But at that time I had no idea what it would mean.  I didn’t know how it would feel.  And when he died, I certainly never thought that I would find love again.  And then came Jon.  My new beginning.  My love.  My happily even after.

Jon came into my life by complete surprise.  I wasn’t looking for love but there he was. A handsome stranger opened my heart to love.  He sat down beside me and forever changed my life. We talked about my tattoo and the word widow didn’t scare him.  He didn’t look at me with pity.  He wanted to know my story, all of it.  Then he asked me to dance and literally swept me away.

This handsome man danced his way into my life and into my heart.  His love is one of my greatest blessings.  He loves me.  For who I am.  Broken heart and all.  He loves me on the good days.  And he loves me harder on the bad days.  He is a great dad on earth.  Who loves mine and Jared’s son.  Who wants to help Steven with life lessons.  Who wants Steven to see his mom happy.  Who has no expectations.

He is not my second choice.  He is not a consolation prize.  He is in my life because he is supposed to be.  God sent him to me at just the right time.

Looking into his eyes as I vowed to love him until we meet again in heaven.  Holding his hand as I placed a symbol of our love on his finger.  Walking down the aisle as Mr and Mrs.  Feeling his arms around me as we danced to our song.  Laughing as we toasted our future together.  Watching a beautiful sunset on our perfect day.

This may not be how I planned my life but I wouldn’t change it.  With this ring, I thee wed.  And I would do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment