Thursday, December 8, 2016

3 weeks

Has it really only been 3 weeks?!?

3 weeks since a man literally sat down next to me and completely changed my perspective on grief and dating.

3 weeks since this man made me realize I want to be hugged and kissed.
3 weeks since I wanted someone other than my late husband to hold my hand.
3 weeks since I realized I could laugh, really laugh so that my eyes smiled again.
3 weeks since I realized just how lonely I have been for 26 months.
3 weeks since I realized I could be happy with this man and still love Jared.  In fact, this new man understands I will always love Jared.
3 weeks since I realized finding happiness with someone else doesn't lessen my love for Jared, love really does expand your heart.
3 weeks since I learned that someone can want me and not feel threatened by my past but instead actually want to know my grief story.
3 weeks since I went from saying I never wanted to date again to thinking I really hope my relationship with this man blossoms into something wonderful.
3 weeks since our first conversation and we talk for hours each day.
3 weeks since we met and I want to share my new found joy with the world but my practical side says take it slow, don't rush things.
3 weeks since our first kiss and I can't wait for him to kiss me again.
3 weeks since our first hello and surprisingly I don't feel guilty for wanting this relationship.
3 weeks since our chance meeting and sometimes he reminds me of Jared but I never find myself comparing the two.  This new man is wonderful in his own right.
3 weeks since I first felt butterflies in my stomach and safe in his arms.
3 weeks since I unconsciously decided to move forward with this new man and realized it was ok to be vulnerable to potential heartbreak.
3 weeks since he rescued me and already he is such a large part of my thoughts each day.
3 weeks  since we started on this new journey and I am a little scared by all the emotions and feelings I have and I can only hope they are reciprocated.

Has it really only been 3 weeks?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment